What Is Odin And How To Use Complete GuideAhmad 3 months ago 3 FLASH TOOLS & DRIVERS , Samsung
If you are searching for What Is Odin And How To Use Complete Guide of latest version of Odin v3.12.3 then you at right place. All Samsung Odin Collection latest will be linked to this post. You can download by visiting this post Samsung Odin latest. What is Odin and how to use it?
What is Odin?
Odin is a Samsung firmware flashing utility. It developed by Samsung to use internally to flash Samsung official firmware, official and custom recoveries, Unbrick Samsung Android mobile phone. This program can be run on windows PC only. Odin v3.12.3 is the latest version of Odin releases till today is that i found.
How to use Odin?
Odin3 is a very simple program and we don’t need much bigger tutorial on it but in my thinking this is wrong mostly people like me don’t know about Odin,s all options. I will try to write some of these as per my poor knowledge. But i think we must know what we are going to do and what is the loss if we goes wrong with any step? So let’s start…
Request:If you find any mistake or incorrect information in this post please don’t forget to write in comments. I will update the information with your name here in this post.
Whats is ID:COM in Odin?
This option showing us Samsung mobile phone,s modem port number of connected phone in download mode. By default we can see 8 ports option on top of this software. This is normally appears in light gray color. But ID:COM will change color to blue after successful connection of Samsung mobile phone to PC. If computer already have installed Samsung driverssuccessfully.
This is Odin internal tab and this will show software working log text. This log window can be seen under ID:COM when we select log from available three tabs like log, options and pit. This log window will show full working log text in it to see successful operation or any problem during Samsung flashing. Mostly we only reading this when we face any problem during Samsung upgrade or flash.
This is second internal tab in Odin software. When we select this tab we can see some options (check boxes) under Options tab some options are very important so i will describe one by one.
- Auto Reboot: As its name we can understand that this option is a check box and if this options is checked phone will reboot (Restart) automatically after work complete.
- Re-Partition: This is also a check box and this options is very important to describe because this option can make so many changes in phone. If we select PIT file then this option will be ticked automatically because this option is only for re-partition of Samsung internal memory eMMC. We don’t need this option normally. 90% Samsung mobile phone can flashed without this option (without pit). But in some cases when phone,s internal partition have any issue with partition table. Then we can use PIT (Partition Information Table) file to re-partition internal memory. I will explain PIT in its own tab.
- F. Reset Time: This option is for reset flash counter of the phone to zero after successful firmware flashing. Normally this option is automatically checked. But if we need to clear flash counter to zero after successful official firmware flashing we must check it before start flashing.
- Nand Erase All: This option is unchecked in normal and we don’t need to check it. It is much risky lets explain what is Nand Erase All option and how to use Nand Erase All?
- What is Nand Erase All: Nand Erase All check box is to erase whole nand memory in Samsung phones that we are going to flash. This option will format all Samsung eMMC Nand Memory. This option can kill phone easily so don’t use it unless you know what your are going to do. If you done any mistake while using this option you will get killed phone in hands after pressing start if nand erase all checked.
- How To Use Nand Erase All: To use Nand Erase All you must have selected correct pit in pit option and double check re-partition is checked. If you selected wrong pit phone will be killed. Also you must have correct firmware selected to flash phone with nand erase all option checked. If you select wrong firmware there are 99% chances your phone will be killed. So i repeat again don’t use this option. If you still want to use nand erase all option then you must use correct pit file with re-partition checked. You must select correct firmware. If you make any mistake phone will not be able to power on after.
- Flash Lock: This option will tell the software to unlock the Odin flash lock on the Device to allow the Device to be programmed. Only certain Devices use this feature and this should not be used unless Instructed to do so by a knowledgeable person.
- T Flash: T Flash option in odin is for Samsung boot recovery via sd card. This option is checked when we are going to make Samsung boot able sd card to fix or unbrick Samsung dead boot devices. In this case we must have Samsung original boot recovery.tar file for the exact model witch we are going to unbrick. We must have same and full working phone in hands. This option is used in new Samsung Qualcomm based models that allow boot from external memories. I will explain how to recover Samsung dead boot phones with sd card but in other post i will try to leave a link in this post. So T Flash option is to make a boot able sd card from full working phone to unbrick other Samsung phone.
- Phone EFS Clear: This option is for unusable in latest version of Odin but in only Odin versions phone EFS (Encrypting File System) clear used for to erase all EFS settings and will make clean version of EFS. This option is very useful when we faces IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) null, unknown baseband problems. Phones modem firmware version must be compatible with radio used in side the device.
- Phone Bootloader Update: This option is also disabled in new versions of Odin.This check box option will tell the Odin software to update phones bootloader with the file bootloader. This is a same as in PC bios update. This option is also unusable in new versions of Odin software.
What is PIT in Odin?
PIT stands for the Partition Information Table. This allow and tell Odin Software to make re-partition os Samsung eMMC (Embedded Multimedia Card) chip. You only need it if you screw up your partition table or if the firmware specifically requires it because of a change in the partition table layout. You must double check before using PIT while Samsung upgrade or flash process because if you select incorrect pit file there is a huge chance of killing your cellphone. So be very care full when you have selected PIT during flashing Samsung phone. When we click on Pit tab in Odin v3.12.3 it will show us a message “Do not use this tab. This tab is for engineers. Your device will be changed with pit in CSC file.” This means the firmware part CSC already have its own pit so no need to select pit.
What is BL in Odin?
BL is an abbreviation of bootloader. This button is for select bootloader part of firmware if we have this bootloader part in firmware folder.We can flash only bootloader file separately by selecting in BL option.
What is AP in Odin?
AP is known as PDA in old versions of Odin. It refers to the build version of the software or firmware. The main firmware part Home, Ap, PDA will be selected here in AP. If we have one tar.md5 firmware file we will select here in AP to flash firmware.
What is CP in Odin?
The “CP” button is to flash Individual Section called modem in can be found in firmware. We can flash modem part of the firmware in this option.This button was previously labeled as “Phone”. In old firmware we will see this as Modem, Phone and in new firmware is CP. Example can be seen below in how to use odin3 part of this post.
What is CSC in Odin?
In my knowledge CSC stands for Consumer Software Customization It is specific to geographical region and carriers. It contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and APN (Access Point Name) setting.
What is Binary size in Odin?
Binary size is to show selected binary size. This will show selected file size in MB,s as we can seen 4053MB.
What is MASS D/L in Odin?
In my knowledge Mass D/L is for Massive upgrade for Samsung Galaxy Mobile phones. As we can see 8 port ID,s in normal Odin3 screen. But when we press Mass D/L and we can see some more port number options. We can connect more then 8 Samsung mobiles
to PC that will be shown in Mass Window. As i have connected two mobile phones to my pc and this show me different com ports numbers in port ID,s. To use Massive download we must have same Samsung mobile phone on all ports.
Start, Reset and Exit Buttons:
I thin no need to describe these three buttons because the button text is much simple and everyone can understand the meanings of these three words. May be someone have a little confusion about “Reset” The reset button is to reset Odin configurations to defaults. like files selection, selected options in options tab etc. But i recommend to restart Odin software every time when we going to flash firmware.
How To Use Odin3 Complete Guide?
This part of my post is very important for people who not have experience with Odin before. But people who already have experience with Odin3 will also get much information from this post.
Some important things that we need to flash samsung mobile phones. To flash a new official firmware or upgrade Samsung phone with Odin3 we need these.
- A Computer or Laptop with Windows OS installed.
- Samsung Original Micro USB Cable
- Installed Samsung latest drivers or Samsung KIES software its depends on your cellphone model witch Samsung drivers will work for your cellphone.Samsung KIES have different version based on mobile phone models.
- Odin v3.12.3 downloaded and extracted on your PC. Using any available unzip utility
- Download Samsung official firmware latest version for your cellphone and extract it on your PC hard drive using any unzip utility.
How to upgrade Samsung phones with Odin v3.12.3?
- Press Vol- Home and Power key and press Vol+ to conform download mode.
- Connect Samsung phone in download mode to your PC via micro usb cable and wait for complete drivers installation when you connect phone to PC first time.
- Open Odin v3.12.3 and make sure your phone is connected with PC and ID:COM changed its color to blue.
- Click on AP button and brows for Samsung firmware folder that you have downloaded already for your device and extracted it using winrar.
- Select firmware .tar.md5 file form example (N920CXXU2BPB6_N920COLB2BPB6_N920CXXU2BPB2_HOME.tar.md5). If you have only one file in full firmware then select it on AP. and leave BL, CP, CSC blank. If you have more then one file in Samsung firmware folder then follow related instructions for How to flash Samsung 4 files firmware with Odin.
- Press Start and wait for Odin to complete upgrade process after complete this process Odin will show PASS! and change progress bar color to green.
Important: Please do full factory reset after complete Samsung software upgrade.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Mobile Phones?
- Make sure FRP (Factory Reset Protection) is turned off if you have Samsung android phone with lollipop 5.1.1 or above. We can seen in download mode witch is described above.
- We can do full reset Samsung mobile phone from recovery. We can get recovery screen by keys combinations. Mostly Samsung phone can be reboot to recovery by pressing Vol+ Home and Power key at same time release power key when Samsung logo appear on screen.
- After getting recovery screen we can see few options and can select by pressing volume up and volume down keys.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and press power key to conform after pressing power key it again show us few No and one Yes option select Yes and press power key again phone will be full reset.
- Press reboot after It will take few minutes to complete boot process first time.
- Configure phone to your chosen setting given on screen.
Request: I have spent years to learn this information that i have shared with you and it take my two days to compos this post. I never copied this information from any site. So please don’t copy paste this information to any other website without permission. If you really want to share this information to other website just give some time and write in your words. Check out our Terms & Conditions page.
If you find any mistake or wrong information in this post please post in comments below. I will update the information ans soon as i can.
Please Note:We are not responsible for any damage or illegal use of information given by us. We are posting to help people. Its up to you that you are using this information for positive work or illegal.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)